Seo Tips: Verifying Site To Google Webmaster Tools. Why should you verify your site to Google Webmaster? The answer is very simple: in order to be able to access Google Webmaster Tools, where you can take many advantages of the site, like to see Google data for your site so you can diagnose potential problems and improve the quality of your site, tell Google when your site URL changes, tell Google how you prefer your site to be indexed, and realy many more. In short, Google Webmaster Tools is the key to be success on Google Search Result.
How To Verify Your Site To Google Webmaster?
There are some options to verify your site to Google Webmaster.
1. By adding a meta tag to your home page: You must be able to edit the HTML code of your site to make it.
2. By uploading an HTML file with the name you specify to your server: You must be able to upload files to your server.
3. By verifying via your domain name provider or hosting provider and add a new DNS record: You must be able to sign in to your domain name provider (for example, GoDaddy.com).
4. By adding the Google Analytics code that you use to track your site on Google Analytics: You must be an administrator on the Google Analytics account, and the tracking code must use the new asynchronous snippet.
From the four options above, here i will discuss only about the option number 1, "Adding a meta tag to your home page", cuz it's the easiest methode that you can take. For any further instructions about the three other ways you may get from https://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35179 .
Here is how to verify your site by adding a meta tag. It's easy.
1. Just login Google Webmaster Tools.
2. Click the Manage Site button next to the site that you want to verify and then click Verify this site.
3. If HTML tag is not visible on the Recommended method tab, click the Alternate methods tab.
4. Select HTML tag and follow the steps on your screen.
5. After, you'll have a verification code (meta tag) to add to your website. Just put it in your template code, exactly after the tag <head>. Below is how i put my code.
<meta content='hMXfRSxE6JIpuv5amdkwmjbgmadjuwmja-Gmajmgkatm' name='google-site-verification'/>
6. Once you added the code to your website, go back to Webmaster Tools and verify that you've added the code to your website. Google will try to check if the meta tag exists and is in the correct location or otherwise not, and you'll be notified for it.