Seo Tips: Submit Sitemap To Search Engine. Also read my previous post about sitemap: Easy Creating Sitemap Manually or Using Sitemap Generator | Verifying Site To Google Webmaster. Submitting Sitemap to search engine is prety easy, here i'll let you know how to make it.
Say you're a blogger and want to submit your sitemap to Google. All what you have to do is as follows:
1. Go to google webmaster tool and look for thread titled "add site" and click on it.
2. Type your blog url in the column available and proccess it.
3. After, click on the "site configuration".
4. Click on the "sitemap".
5. Click on the "submit a sitemap" button and fill the following parameter in the column given: atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
6. Click "submit sitemap" and you're done.
Just make sure that your blog's feed has been activated. You can visit your blog to know it, it's located on the top of your blog and titled "Your Blog Title - Atom", and it is clickable. If you find the rss and it is clickable, your blog's feed has been activated. Otherwise you have to activate it through your blogger setting tab by inserting the following parameter to the field (i forgot where is it exactly): http://your_blog_name.blogspot.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500.
That's all. Nothing huh?